Pan Roasted Filet
with red wine reduction
Recipe provided by the Certified Angus Beef® brand
- 2 Certified Angus Beef® filet steaks, cut 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon dry thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed dry tarragon
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed dry chives
- 1/2 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare French Rub by combining thyme, tarragon, chives, pepper and salt.
- Heat oil in a heavy non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Season steaks with French Rub and sear for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Allow steaks to rest.
- After removing steaks from pan, add onion and garlic; cook for 2 minutes on low heat. Whisk in wine and mustard; reduce by 2/3. Swirl butter in pan to melt. Remove from heat; add parsley and season to taste. Serve over steak.