Barbecue Braised Brisket
Recipe provided by the Certified Angus Beef® brand
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® brisket flat
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 ounces chili sauce
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine garlic and pepper; spread evenly over brisket.
- Separate onion into rings; arrange over brisket.
- Combine chili sauce, beer, Worcestershire sauce and sugar; pour over brisket and onions.
- Cover and cook 2 hours.
- Turn brisket over; stir onions into sauce and spoon over brisket.
- Cover and cook 2 hours more or until fork tender.
- Transfer brisket to cutting board. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing thinly on the bias and across the grain.